4-month Ironman 70.3 Plan -Beg. / Intermediate (No power meter needed)
4-month training plan designed to help beginner to intermediate triathlete train for a half ironman event. The plan is designed to progressively increase duration and intensity that will prepare the athlete to complete AND enjoy the race.
Athletes who are interested in this plan should be able to:
- swim 100 yards/meters (4 lengths of a 25y/m pool) without stopping;
- know the basics of riding a bike and know how to ride a bike;
- run at 2 miles without stopping;
Athletes should consult with their primary care physician prior to starting the training.
Sessions are structured and can be seamlessly uploaded onto your GPS watch and bike computers for easy-to-follow training sessions (Garmin devices)
Structured workouts include:
- swim sessions with detailed intervals and explanations;
- Rate-of-Perceived-Exertion (RPE) based bike sessions with detailed and easy-to-follow explanations;
- pace-based run sessions with cadence recommendations for select key sessions;